Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Today was one of those days when someone said something that really bothered me (ok it pissed me off!!!!). I had a wonderful day and then bam! boom! the comment was said! I really had to take some time to "process" the statement and then I had to run it by my husband. After a few hours of "processing" I was able to let the statement go. I was able to walk away from it and not "own" it. I did not agree with it so what good was it going to do me to continue to think about it. Boy...you talk about freedom! It was so wonderful to "process" and then dump the "junk". Love it!!!!
I must say this did teach me something (don't you love it when you can learn something!!!). Be careful of what you say/communicate to others!!! Reread you emails and if you have any questions about how something can be "received" don't send it! Rewrite it (there are hundreds of thousands of ways to say something and I am sure if we take the time we can say something without it sounding bad) and then if you are still unsure ask someone to read it and get feedback. Only when you have done all this should you send it!! O.k....enough of the soapbox...

No comments: