Monday, November 5, 2007


It has been a very emotional 2 weeks. I have taken the time to spend with my family and enjoy out time together. It has also been a time to spend with family and friends and celebrate and yes, mourn, the loss of an incredible woman. She was sooo loved and it was evident in the past few weeks. It is never easy to say good-bye to someone you love and the sadness that engulfs you is so horrific. My heart has been sad...but not for my Aunt. I truly believe she is in heaven and she is with the LORD so how can I be sad for her? To be in the presence of the LORD and to be at peace and healthy and whole...who could ask for more? So, no...I am not sad for her. My sadness is for those who are left behind. Her daughter and son, her grandchildren, sister's, brother, mother, family and friends...those are the people my heart aches for. I ache for my cousin who is now without a Mother. *sighy* As I remember my Aunt I remember the love she had for her family, the way she was always willing to help you if needed...I remember when I was younger I knew if I ever needed a place to stay she would open her home to me. I remember growing up and seeing the love she had for her daughter and sister's, brother's and Mother. She was about family and it showed. My Aunt was always surrounded by those who loved her and that was great! As her family laid her to rest on Thursday I remember thinking that the way to honor her memory it to cherish family and friends and to
celebrate with them. Celebrate holidays and life! I sooo want to do that and in doing that honor her and the incredible woman that she was!!!

No comments: