Monday, November 26, 2007

Truth, Red Lights, Caution Signs and Flossing!!!

Why is it when people ask you a question they get UPSET when you do not give them the answer they want? Why ask the question?? What is the point? I mean...you are to ask questions to find out answers and yes, some of them will not be what you want but do you have to act crazy when we answer the question? Come on now...do you want the truth or do you want me to lie? Sure I can lie and make YOU feel good or I can tell the truth and then we move on.... Well, I believe in truth and boy can they get you in some trouble. And the weird thing is I know when the question is being asked..."BE AWARE!!! THE DAMNED IF YOU DO, DAMNED IF YOU DON'T question is coming up!!!". I see these red fire lights going off and the yellow cation sign come up. I KNOW what answer they want and i KNOW what answer will get us to my meeting faster but NO!!!! I have to tell the truth!!! and BAM!!!! BOOM!!! I get the "look" and then the disbelief and then.... well depending on the person determines what comes next. *sighy*...why didn't i just answer the question with THEIR answer? WHY???????

Well...let me give you an example. I was at the dentist this morning and SHE (I do not remember her name and the way she flossed my teeth makes her a SHE!!) asked me ..."Do you brush your teeth twice a day??" ...ok there go the red lights and yellow sign!!!!..."No" i answer (I wanted to explain i brush once and use my Sonic, isn't that like brushing twice? but she threw the next DREADED question in...) "DO YOU FLOSS DAILY???" I HATE that question, hate it, hate it, HATE IT!!!! "no..." I answer. Well...there comes the "shame on you, what are you thinking, so you not know your mouth is the filthiest part of your body and how could any human NOT want to clean it twice a day and get the nasty filthy "things" from in between your molars" speech and then.... when proceeds to "show" me how to floss by taking the floss and ramming it between my teeth and jamming it into my gums (OUCH!!!) over and over again! And when she is done...."Oh, your gums are bleeding a little"...well crud! I wanted to tell her to let me floss her gums they way she did mine and lets see if she bleeds! Instead I just nodded and thought.....WHY oh WHY did i not pay attention to the red lights and yellow sign? WHY? I knew what she wanted me to say and my gums knew what she wanted to say...but NO! I had to tell the truth! *sighy* Now my gums are swollen and I have one more reason to stop and heed the red lights and yellow signs next time a question is asked....(teeeheheheh...NOT!!!!). I believe if you ask a question please be ready for the answer, if not...DON"T ASK IT!!!!!

No comments: