Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.

2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.

3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.

4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.

5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.


So here is is...MY LIST OF 101 THINGS IN 1001 DAYS!!!

build a snowman (with the carrot nose, scarf...)
Finish Boo's graduation and prom album
make smores in my backyard
organize my list with cute quotes...
Stick to a budget for 3 weeks
finish this list
Make 2008 graduation albums for Gigi, Ani and Ann
visit another country
get my VISA
make 5 crochet items and give 4 of them away
read 100 books
make a list of all the books you read
do not go to sleep angry
learn to knit
take a photography class
Do 50 hours of volunteer work
purchase my wide lens
go on a girls weekend (just me and the girls)
get in depth with the 7 Gifts
be a better daughter (??)
Become a better friend
plan a family reunion
visit all 50 states
Visit 4 historical places in Colorado
dance in the rain (naked...hmmmm???)
Take pictures at 2 "public" places
Tidy up for 5 minutes a day for 3 weeks
streak through a football field
get on a regular exercise plan (at least 6 months)
learn to cook Southern Food
make 1 new dish every month for 12 months from a cook book
redo the family room (including furniture)
purchase my red laptop
Make a time capsule
a new bedroom
start and finish Gigi's bedroom
scrapbook all 101 things i do
Get a goal weight
start a "random memories" album
start a "101 reasons why I Love You" book for Reggie and complete it!
buy flowers for 4 different people "just becuz"
get back into scrapbook challenges
start a "My Space"
Every 6 months have a "ME" month...all about me!!!
Can some foods (chile's, tomatoes...)
finish the 3 sets of tea towels you started years ago
Scrap book a page a month for a year (a "year" in review)
Communicate more!!! (letters, calls visits...)
Make a sandcastle
Make a list of birthdays and anniversaries and for 12 months remember everyone on the list
Plan 4 fun events!!
Say "I LOVE YOU" to my girls and Reggie everyday for 6 months
Take an online class
Dance through the aisles at supermarket
Learn to decorate cakes and decorate at least 4 cakes
Try new recipe's for cupcakes (once every 2 months!) for 12 months
Plant a flower garden
Take a "couples" picture once a month for 12 months
Sing at a karaoke night
Make a list of 50 things that make me happy
Take a self portrait once a month for 12 months
See a Comedian and the Improv
Watch all the movies Elvis was in
Start looking into the history of my family and Reggie's
Do one of those corny "yearly" letters
Learn to say "I Love You" in 5 different languages
Clean the garage out!
Get rid of all the "stuff" you do not use or want!!!
Get more involved in church by attending 4 events
Start a savings of my own
Learn about the stock market and try it!
Volunteer at a Politics event
Learn Photoshop
Write letters to those I love (just in case a giant whale swallows me and I can't say goodbye)
Have a "date" night with hunny bunny 1nce a month for 24 months
Go away for the weekend with hunny bunny 3 times
Start a "I Love You" notebook and fill it up (like the one I did when we first fell in love)
leave 101 blog comments
Vote in the 2008 election (encourage family to do the same)
Participate in the 365 project
compliment 10 strangers in one week
Do something new each month for 12 months!
Go to dinner and movie alone
make a list of 44 things i like about myself
make each of my daughters a personal album...from me
visit a Farmers market and purchase flowers and some fruit
attend 3 summer events in the city
start taking vitamins (research what will best)
make 12 cards and send them out
get a new hairstyle
make Christmas cards and send them out
get some pictures with Grandma Ruiz
work on a savings plan for South Africa and start it!
Learn a new computer program
Have a family portrait taken
Ask Mom for pictures from my childhood to start scrapping
Visit the Denver Mint
Go fishing
Learn and cook 3 "Mexican" meals (that we do not normally make)
Learn more about my culture
Have a Birthday month!

I will be starting on July 1,2008 and ending on MARCH 29,2011

No comments: