Wednesday, June 18, 2008


Wow! We watched the movie "The Great Debaters" this weekend (with Denzel Washington) and what a great movie. It was even more dynamic when we found out it was a true event! Wow!!! I thought it was going to be about debating but it was so much more! At the end of the movie I found myself hating any scene that involved a car!!! Trust me...when you see if you will know what I mean. It was great to have my baby girl watch it and explain some of the things that were happening. Not good...but facts! I was appalled to learn where the work "lynching" came from and the scene with the tree was horrific (but I know in my heart true on so many levels). The movie is not for the faint of heart (nothing gruesome...more mental) and if you can please watch it! It is very inspiring and can touch you (I love movies that can do this!!)...and yes...it does make you think!! Good Stuff!!!

No comments: