Friday, July 6, 2007

The Name Game
1. What is your first name? How do you feel about it?
Antoinette. I love my name! I think it is a beautiful name (I did not always think this…when I was young I wanted to go by Marie (yes that is my real middle name) or Tony). I would not change my name for any other name in the world (thanks Mom).
2. Do you feel that a name can influence the course of a person's life? Their personality?
Hmmm….interesting question. I do think your name can influence some things in your life, however, I do not believe it makes or breaks you as a person.
3. Can a person's name sway your opinion of them? Why or why not?
Hmmmm…another interesting question. I would like to say no but in reality if I hear certain names I do have certain thought. I know shame on me!!!
4. How do you feel about the current trend toward androgynous first names?
I think it is great. There was a time when I was young that I wanted to name my daughter Tyler. I think you can be creative with names.
5. Are there any names that speak powerfully to you, whether by association or imagination?
Yes…Lincoln and Washington. When I hear these names I think of two great men in our history.

No comments: