Monday, July 2, 2007

Sunday........today was another one of those cleaning days. Today we (I say we becuz I made my family join me in the "fun" today) tackled my backyard including my patio. It was a dusty dirty job but we were able to complete it today! Wahoo!! I was also able to get my hunny bunny to set up my "fire pit". I also set out my new carpet (I know...carpet outside???? Well...it looks cute and I like it!) and some new froggies! Yes...I even have a "theme" going on in my patio! *sigh* I am so glad I can mark this off my list...smile

This morning we had a big scare. Reggie and I were going to run some errands in the morning and as we were walking to the van we heard this pitiful "meow". We stopped and listed and did not hear anything. As we started walking we heard the "meow" again. It was coming from "Matilida". As we started getting closer the the van we could hear the "meow". I became freaked out and thought Captain Jack was stuck in the engine! Reggie opened the front of the van and there was nothing (the meow has also stopped). We were unsure where Captain was. Reggie decided to open up the back. Wow!!! When he did this we saw this blur of black wet fur fly out of the van! Wow! It was Captain! And he was stuck in the van! We tried and tried to figure out how long he had been in there. After speaking with the girls we determined Captain had been in the van at least 2 days! The temperature out side has been in the high 90's!!! Wow!! You talk about Captain using up one or two of his lives!
Well, Captain is mad at us. He drank and drank water from our front yard (we happened to be watering the front lawn!) and then he disappeared. When Captain gets mad he does not come around for several days. Time will tell.....



No comments: