Friday, August 8, 2008

Today was a really interesting day for me...My team went on a team building outing. We choose to go fishing on a boat. We stayed on the boat for over 6 hours! We fished and fished and fished some more! I am normally a very "city" girl...take me to the mall, shopping, movies, a fancy dinner and I am in my element. Well...as a team player I wanted to do what the majority of out team wanted so...fishing i went! I bought a fishing license and a scooby fishing pole (i have pictures of the event but to be truthful I am to tired to post them...i will do this later). I worked last night so I think this was perfect. i was able to be mellow and enjoy the "moments'! It was GREAT!! I really enjoyed being on the water and sharing some down time with my peers and boss. Boy, it fishing relaxing!!! I think I was able to leave my normal mentality on dry land and in doing that I was able to enjoy myself! I also enjoyed taking pictures and watching my peers relax and let their "guard" down. It was great! I could see where we all needed to do this and I could see where we all enjoyed it! Yes, the water smelled fishy, it rained (which i discovered brings the fish up and after hours of catching nothing we were able to catch 7-8 fish!!), some of us had water come up from the waves and "get" us, the sun burned some of us, there were some "hook" injuries...but all in all IT WAS A BLAST!!! I am so glad I participated and... I can't say I would do it again...but I can say I am soooooooooooooo glad for today!! It was awesome to put away worries, concerns, work, home and just enjoy the "moments" with my peers!! Who would have ever thought that would happen on a team building event! teeehehehehe!

No comments: