Tuesday, August 26, 2008

wow!!! what a week! we made it safely back from vacation and I am being 100% lazy the last 2 days i have off! loving it!!! I have also been catching up on the 2008 Olympics I missed and the Democratic Convention (which started last night). It is going on in my home city! We went downtown yesterday (not out of choice...my daughter needed books and the only place to check was...you guessed it...downtown!). We did not go into the center of all the activity, but the part we did see was very very very busy!!! Vacation was fun and hot (WOW!!! over 100 everyday we were in Vegas and the high 90's in Calaifornia!!). Boo loved her 21st birthday! Fun stuff!!! we have lots of pictures (between both of us we have tons and tons of pictures...it took her over an hour to download all of them!). More on our vacation later.
One of the things I was sad about was not being able to watch all of the Olympics. We saw a few things when we were gone but most of the track was lost and one of my favorites...synchronized swimming was not watched at all (sighy). I did get to see the water polo, volleyball (mens) and rythmic gymnastics. And the ending ceremonies...wow!! It was a great show. Now we have to wait 4 more years...and who knows maybe we will see some of it in person...hmmmmmm???? London...we plan to visit there and what better time? hmmmmmmmm?? Over all we did pretty good inthe medal standings (2nd behind China)...

Medal standing
Gold...........36
Silver.........38
Bronze.......38

Great Job America!!!!

No comments: