Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrrrrr...it's cold outside!

This car was stuck in the ditch for weeks!


At one point there were 3 buses stuck on this street.


Snow was everywhere!
These guys could not get out (this should have been a road!).

I cannot believe how cold it has been in Colorado. It started before a few months ago and has not let up. We have had tons and tons (o.k. a few feet, but after a month feet start to look like tons!) of snow and it is getting a little old! I would like to see more sun and less grey skies. Don't get me wrong, I loved having a white Christmas (it was beautiful) but when will it stop! We are being told we might be getting some more snow this weekend! And the cold...it was below 0 this weekend!
As you know I have started "blogging" (it is kind of fun!) and I love being on 2Peas (more on that obsession later). Well, when you put the two together you get a place where you can get "blogger" challenges (more on those challenges later...).
Today's challenge is: This winter, what do you do that means comfort to you? Well, this winter I have been spending tons (I know I am loving that word today!) of time watching tv and catching up on tons (hehehe) of stuff on my DVR (WOW!!! what did we ever do without this box???). I have caught up on my soaps (I also added 2 more ala DVR...), watched all my holiday cooking shows (I know a little late but Paula, Sandra and Rachael are so worth the wait), got hooked on Ace (boy do I wish I could make cakes like him!!), finished my Unit episodes and started on Friday Night Lights (I am a still behind on these...sigh) andI have watched some great shows on VOD (again what did we do without this feature???). I do all this in my family room, snuggled under Gywenie, with the Christmas Tree lights (don't ask why she is still up that's another story!!!) aglow and my birds chirping in the background. During this time my family is somewhere in the house doing something "familyish". Mmmmmm...I find the comfort in knowing my family is safe and warm under one roof and momma (that's me) is catching up on something that has no purpose (o.k. maybe learning how to fry a turkey does have some purpose in my life but trying to figure out if Jessica is going to stay with Antonio or go to Nash has no purpose but it sure is fun to watch!!!).

No comments: