Thursday, August 16, 2007

Remembering Elvis


Today is Elvis Presley's anniversary of his death. How amazing that even after all these years he is so popular!!! Love, love. love him. I remember as a child watching his movies and thinking he was wonderful. My mother grew up listening to him and shared that love with me. Frankie and Bobby, Blue Hawaii and Viva Las Vegas were some of my favorite's. I still get a thrill today when I see one of his movies on tv! We were able to visit Graceland a few years ago and that is something I thought about doing ever since I was young (one of the 101 things to do in life!). We took lots of pictures and his house was incredible! I can only imagine how packed it is today! I was to young to remember much about his death. I just know my Mom was real sad. I think America is still sad over his death and today many people from all over the world (when we were there we saw teddy bears from China at his grave!) are thinking about him and his "yummy" looks (hehehe). I sure wish I could have seen him live!

No comments: