Thursday, August 23, 2007

A is for...

Authentic....I strive to be authentic in everything I do and I have discovered I am the most happiest when I am doing this. Being authentic...real....alive! I think it is so important to be true to myself and those around me and I feel my life would be horrific if I could not be "real". Sometimes it can be hard and frustrating but at the end of the day I owe it to myself to be authentic (something I am working on on a daily basis).


Autumn....my favorite season of the year! I love the colors and fact that this is a transitional period (between summer and winter) for our planet. We are so blessed in Colorado to be able to experience Autumn (as well as the other 3 seasons) and it is beautiful. I also love Halloween and Turkey day which fall in the Autumn. It is a cozy, peaceful and colorful time of the year and I look forward to it every year.


Aunts....I have some great Aunts in my life (I don't see them as often as I would like). They are some strong women who are pillars in their families. My Aunt Mary was my favorite Aunt growing up! She was so "hip" and fun to be around. There was a time when she stayed with us and it was wonderful! I remember staying up and talking with her and it was one of the first times in my life when i felt like someone was really listening to me and what I was saying. She encouraged me to think outside the box and to see myself in a different light! Mmmmm....I sure do miss her!


Antoinette....my name which I love!


Armed Forces....I come from a family of military men and women. I respect and honor those who choose to serve our country. I remember seeing pictures of family members in uniform and thinking "wow". I also remember hearing stories from them about the training, the travels and yes the wars they fought in. I was always in awe when I would hear those stories. They helped me to see a world outside the North side where I grew up. There was a time when I wanted to be in the military but that phase did not last long (I have yet to decide if that was good or bad).

Action...I believe life is about action! It's about moving forward (or sideways...just as long as we are moving). It's about refusing to stay on the sidelines and watch life pass you by. It's about making the most of everyday you have been blessed with. It's about laughing and crying, screaming and simmering, it's about taking the bull by the horns and not letting go! Life, if you are going to enjoy it is about ACTION!!!! I so want to be this type of person on a daily basis and i am focusing on being a player on the field instead of a bench warmer...

No comments: