Friday, August 31, 2007

Princess Diane 10 years



Today marks the 10nth year since Princess Diana's death. I remember the day we heard about it. I was at my parents house picking up my daughters when it came on the news. We could not believe it. At first we heard about the horrible accident and i remember thinking she was going to be fine (I mean she was the Princess!). We could see shots of the horrible accident and there were lots of speculation but no one was certain of what happened. I remember being a little numb (I loved her and thought she was an incredible woman. I remember wishing i was here when i watched her wedding, which we got up real early to watch!) and when i got home I was stuck to the tv for news. It was horrible to hear of her death. It was even more shocking to hear about what lead to the accident days later. I thought of her sons and her country. We watched her funeral and it was so sad. I can't help but think about what she would have accomplished had she lived and who she would have become. It is still sad to remember her death (even 10 years later). I found a picture of the doll that came out shortly after her wedding. I remember wanting that doll with her beautiful dress so much! I saw it in a magazine and cut the picture out. I never received the doll and i have pormised myself if I ever see one I will do my best to purchase it.

No comments: