Monday, July 14, 2008




Ok...i have been thinking and sometimes that can be dangerous!!! Thinking, that is...and one area where my mind has been going crazy is my "work" world. I think it has something to do with my babies going to college. I so hope they stay and get a degree in something they have passion for. Something they love! Something that excites them and makes them happy. I mean 40 hours a week (depending on the job...way more hours than 40) doing something that does not give you joy can be a horrible thing! I am excited for Boo. She wants to write and that is what she is pursuing (she is pretty darn good at it!!). Gigi is still figuring out what she wants but that is ok...take you time baby girl, you are only 18 there is no huge rush! Anyway...I see the girls so "fresh" and "open" and I wish I would have had this type of encouragement when I was there age. Now I am not blaming anyone...I just wish I had someone to guide me and listen and say "You can be anything You want!!" "Stay focused and never give up". But you know what, I believe there is a reason for everything and there was a reason for me and I believe that has helped me to be a better mom...especially right now, during this phase in the girls lives. I can bring a different perspective and I hope it is helping them. Which brings it around to me...what should I be doing with all this? I know there is coming a time where I need to make a move and I am not sure where or to what level. I too want joy and passion in my work. I want to love what I am doing and be excited (at least 90% of the time!). Hmmmm.... and today's economy and "concerns" do not help in the thought process. One must be responsible and use wisdom, especially when you have a family, bills, college... So there in lies my sadness... Being grown up! *sigh* Boy are my babies lucky right now!!!

No comments: