Saturday, June 2, 2007

Maggots and Grandma (don"t ask!)

I have been thinking about my Grandma G. lots lately. I have not seen her in forever. Today we (the girls and myself) decided to visit her. Well, that was all fine but on our way our Captain Jack and his lady were on the porch and they were hungry. I went to get them some cat food. ****gross, I get the hibby jibbies just thinking about this*** I opened a package of canned food at the top was fine, it was the second one that was horrible. Without looking I went to open the top of the can and my hand touched something slimy. I looked down and there were these black maggots on the top of the can (yuck!!). I was so freaked out that I threw the can and started yelling. The girls were on the front porch and they yelled for me but I was to busy freaking out and yelling. I ran to the bathroom and the girls came to check on me. It was horrible! We had to yell for my husband and poor thing…he had the job of cleaning up the maggots and the cat food. (He is so wonderful!!). Well…I know I should be horrified by what I did (throwing the food and yelling). However, I am not! I freaked and it was yucky!!!!
After that horrible disaster we went to see my Grandmother and it was a nice visit! I was sad to see how time ages people. I was also amazed at how much things stay the same. I was looking around her home and remembering items that had been there when I was small. I saw the kittens I had made her when I was a girl and they made me smile. She was doing some embroidery on tea towels and I enjoyed watching her. I came to love tea towels from her. I bought a set awhile back and they are on my “to do list”.

No comments: