Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rain and Training


Today I had to spend 8 hours learning how to coach. It was a very informative class and I am glad I signed up for it. Whenever I sit in a classroom setting I am reminded of how much I love to learn! I get a high off of learning new things! So why am I not finishing my degree???? Good question...the best way to answer it is...1 Senior and 1 Junior in college. Who knows maybe when they both are in college I can join them (smile). Time will tell... I know this, I will be returning to school one day!

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!!! I have this at my desk! I so believe the more knowledge you have the more you empower yourself, maybe that’s one of the reasons I love learning so much! I think learning is the key to so many things in life. I think the willingness to learn new things (you don’t have to always be in a school setting to learn!) is so important if you want to be fulfilled in life. Think about it what in life does NOT require you to be open to learning? If you want a successful marriage you need to learn all about your spouse, if you want to be a wonderful parent you must be open to learning about your children and the world around them...learning and knowledge is what so many things are about! I have seen some people who have no desire to learn anything new and they seem “stuck”. They seem to miss the “spark” that I believe knowledge can give. Please don’t get me wrong I am not saying it is wrong not to want to learn I just feel knowledge allows our world to become so much bigger than it was before we learned something we did not know before!!!



"Whatever we learn has a purpose and whatever we do affects everything and everyone else, if even in the tiniest way. Why, when a housefly flaps his wings, a breeze goes round the world; when a speck of dust falls to the ground, the entire planet weighs a little more; and when you stamp your foot, the earth moves slightly off its course. Whenever you laugh, gladness spreads like the ripples in a pond; and whenever you're sad, no one anywhere can be really happy. And it's much the same thing with knowledge, for whenever you learn something new, the whole world becomes that much richer."
-Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth

**************************************************************



On the way home today it rained and rained!!! It was a horrible drive home! My knuckles were white and a drive that can take 20 minutes took close to an hour! yuck!! But, I sure was glad for the rain (it is watering my new flowers!!).

No comments: