Wednesday, January 2, 2008

wow! I had to get up early this morning (on my day off!!) to go into work and take some test (knowledge about our trouble shooting and equipment skills). Wow! What a way to start the new year...feeling stupid! Yes, I said it! For a few minutes, at the beginning of the 1st test, I felt stupid! Man so I hate that feeling. And to be honest I have not felt like that in years and years! I could feel myself becoming insecure and ugly! Well, I had to stop it and stop it quick! I stopped for a minute and went over the test and then I assessed the test and myself. I reminded myself that I have never been "officially" trained on any of this. I went onto my current job and my training was "on the job". I then started to breathe and think..should I mark something down or be honest and not answer if I do not know the answer. Well, since this was an assessment test (to see what I knew) I decided to be honest and not answer if I did not know (why guess and if I get it right I would not even know it!!! what good would that do me in needing to learn what I don't know). So, I answered what I knew (not much) and did not answer what I did not know (lots). Looking back I am glad I did it the way I did. I feel good about being honest about my knowledge in these areas. I also feel excited because we will be training in these areas and when the training is done I will be able to answer those questions I was unable to this morning!! Wahoo!!! I love learning and knowledge (and this is one the areas of change I want in 2008). I also feel this helped me to NOT feel stupid. I was able to assess the situation, throw away my stress and react only after I thought about it!!! I actually feel powerful because of this! Not a bad way to start my first "work" day of 2008!!

I have the morning off so I need to run some errands (including getting my cousin something for her birthday and paying some bills off!!). I am taking the girls with me so they can visit Grandma G and Auntie Virgie. OK...that is the plan...now I just need to OWN THIS DAY and so it!!!! teeehehehehe

No comments: