Thursday, January 3, 2008

Yesterday while me and the girls were out visiting (on of my changes for 2008!) my baby girl Boo informed us if a dilemma one of her friends is in. She has been dating this boy since high school (4+ years) and she is bored! She is thinking of getting out. She wants a relationship were the "newness" is there. teeehehehehehe! My first response to Boo was "Well, she will be involved in lots of relationships if that is all she is looking for!". (Ok...not such a great answer now that I look back) I tried to tell Boo about relationships and time and yes..boredom (please be honest... every day in a relationship is not roses and candlelight and hot sweaty love!!!). I backed off real fast! I became silent and was thinking...what do you tell someone that young? In my opinion they are young and should not be in "serious" relationships. They should date and have fun (no sex!!!). They should discover what they like in boys/men and learn about what they want in a relationship. 20 years old!!! Live and enjoy some of what life has to offer (no sex!). So I remained silent about that and spoke to her about how her friend needs to go slow and yes, discover what she wants from a relationship and yes it is ok to back off. Their sooo young and have so much time ahead of them! Enjoy (but no sex!!).


Well, this got me thinking about relationships and "newness". "Out of the mouth of babes", Boo's friend is so right in wanting the newness to be there always! I would love for that to be in my relationship. Unfortunately LIFE happens and it starts taking over and the next thing you know you are wondering where the excitement went? The adventure? The Passion??? Life does come on so strong and is so demanding at times you have no choice but to pay 100% of you attention to it or crap happens! It's true. And guess what...you start paying attention to one or two things so much and the other things in life get forgotten and neglected (marriage, self, passions...). WHEW!!! Life is fascinating and so incredible but there are times...times when it can be overwhelming! I think that is where I am in my relationships right now. They (i use a plural because it is not only 1 relationship, there are many) are at places where they need to be tended to, nurtured, loved and cared for. They need my attention and I believe I am at a place where I can do these things. It will not be hard and I know every time I want to do care for a certain relationship I will need to "OWN" it. I am excited about these relationships and I am excited about seeing them "grow". It will be interesting to see how they turn out when the year is over. Hmmmm...do you think I will be surrounded my lots of "newness"????


Today....Boo is performing (opening) at the Denver Nuggets game tonight. She is soooo excited and we are sooo excited for her!!!!


Yesterday....I OWNED my day!!! We went to visit my Grandma G and Aunt Virgie. I also sent flowers to my cousin Shannon for her birthday!!! And to think I wanted to go stay home (after my tests) and sleep.....teeeehehehehe. Good for me!!!!

No comments: