Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I was reading some good stuff in Woman's World and thought this was good...


Secrets to staying young-inside and out!

* Eating salad...2 servings of veggies can slow the brain's aging process by 35%! (WOW!!! I am soooo going to eat my carrots!!!)
* Walking every other day...30 minutes three times a week will keep your mind sharp by engaging several parts of your brain at once. (Time to start walking...again!!)
* Stepping outside...Just 15 minutes a day in the sun helps your body make vitamin D which protects everything from my brain to my bones!!! (It's a good thing I LOVE the sun!!)
* Build strength...as we age, we loose muscle and gain fat (yucko!!). Trying weight-training twice a week for 40 minutes will help!!! (??? hmmmm...weight training...maybe i should get use to walking again before I try this one...)
* Expect good things...research shows that people who believe they improve with age live an average of 7 years longer!!! why? Because their upbeat thoughts release feel-good neuropeptides that help stall cellular decline! (WAHOO!!!! I love this one...


I really do believe age is so much a mind thing (ok...not 100%, I mean there are some aches and pains that come with age...)! There are days when i let this "age" thing get to me and i start "feeling" my age (I still don't know what that is..but I know it involves depression, aches in my joints, tiredness...teeehehehehe). It starts in my head and if I don't get a grip on it I find myself falling fast!! I then have to do some mental head shakes and force myself out of it. I hate when this happens! I feel so much better and healthier when I "feel" like I am a better person (inside and outside) than I was 5 years ago. Heck...I think there are days I look better than I did 10 years ago!!! And when I can look at my skin and see smooth soft skin I get excited!! Yes....it's the little things that help me stay young including panties...


YES!!! I did sa
y panties! I am so excited! I went to Walmart for my lunch hour (looking for Easter basket stuff) and was looking at underwear for my oldest (she LOVES sexy underwear!!) when I came upon some fun underwear for me!!! And it was in my size...and it fit (I know cuz I tried on a pair as soon as I came home...teeehehehehe!). They are sooooo cute! They are boy shorts and they were only $3.99!!! What a bargain! I go to Lane Bryant ans spend $16.99 for 1 pair and these ones are just as cute!!! I am soooo going back and getting one in each color and also the lacy ones they had!! Yummy!!! *sighy* I told you it's the little things (and I feel buy purchasing these panties I will add 6 mnths to my life...because they make me so happy and I will feel so young and sassy when I wear them!!! Teeehehehehe). And...if I wear them to take a walk to Wendy's for a salad I could add another 6 mnths!!! OK...I am soooo loving these tips!!! teeehehehehe!

No comments: