Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Fall Book Challenge update...

Becoming a Person of Influence....John C Maxwell and Jim
Dornan...

I have been reading this book for a week and i am really enjoying it! I thought it would be ok but it is better than ok! It talks about the importance of being someone who can influence another person. It also gives little "life lessons" and some great quotes from people who have influenced others. I read this book on my breaks or lunch at work at it is amazing how fast time flies when you are reading something with lots of "meat". Yummy!

It gives you ways to apply what you have read at the end of each chapter (I am not sure what the exact word is...). The first chapter had something that was incredible for me! It suggested we do 2 things daily we do not want to do before we do something we want to do! wow! what a concept. I came home and I have been doing this for a week and I have to say it really works! I am able to enjoy the "want" so much more because i was able to do two of the
"need" things first! There is nothing like sitting down to blog knowing you washed some dishes and put a load of laundry it!!! I do this when I want to watch something on DVR, scrapbook a page, read...

This in itself has been work picking up this book to read!!! I hope to change my behaviors and add this to my daily lifestyle (I'll update in a month on how this is going...). I cannot wait to see what other "nuggets" are in this book! I have also started the
Encyclopedia of and Ordinary Life.......Amy Krouse Rosenthal. (Iffy right now on what to think...that timeline is killing me!!! teehehehehe!)

No comments: