Sunday, October 21, 2007

SNOW IN OCTOBER
wow!!! i had a very tense (white knuckles) drive home! it started when my team asked me to look outside and BOOM!! there was snow! We had been told there would be snow but i thought it would be "light flakes" and thought they would not come until this afternoon. Well...they were "huge flakes" and it was 7:00 am. YUCK!! i looked at my toes and was not happy (yes...i wore flip flops...after all it was in the high 70's yesterday!!). Well, i stepped into lots of water on they way to my van and my jeans and toes were cold and wet! I also had to grab some paper towels to clean off my car (i could not find my ice scraper!!!...could it be because it has been in the 70's and the sun has been shining and i have been able to wear flip flops...could that be why i did not think i needed to make sure i had my ice scraper????). Well...my hands were not cold and me feet were on their way to becoming "popscitoes"!! So...the car is cleaned off, it's warm and i am on my way home (my hunny bunny is going to be meeting me with breakfast when i get home....LOVE HIM!!) in the snow. Welll...it was a mini blizzard!! The snow was coming down fast and furious and visibility was horrible!! I took it slow and steady and freaked every time a huge truck or 4WD came by (i hate when people drive like it is in the high 70"s and sunny...don't they know that was yesterday and today we are in a blizzard!!!?!). Anyway...i made it home and safe and last time i looked the snow was accumulating and it looks like we will be snuggling and enjoying the Bronco's play in the snow today!! Wahoo!!! ***i was able to take some pictures of my ride home and my freezing toes in October!***

2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh my goodness and I thought the weather in Kentucky changed quickly! Updated my blog about driving through Tornadoes and you're driving through blizzards--crazy!

toners said...

LOL!! We had something similar here - it was 65 and sunny yesterday, and today it's 28 and snowing...