Thursday, September 13, 2007

consequences....

consequence definition

n.
1. Something that logically or naturally follows from an action or condition. See Synonyms at effect.
2. The relation of a result to its cause.
3. A logical conclusion or inference.


I know in life everything we do may have consequences. This is something that took me a long time to realize. Even today I don't always act with this in mind. It is a powerful thing to keep in the front (not the back) of my mind. Whatever I choose (yes, I believe we have choices and in deciding a path to take we have made a choice) to do will and does have a consequence. I deal with people everyday and it amazes me how often we will do something and when the consequences come from that action... it can blow them away. I hate consequences because many times they can be negative...pregnancy (no!!! i am not pregnant), a speeding ticket (no, I did not get a ticket), feelings hurt (every said something and you cannot take it back???), regrets the morning after, a loss of something...*sighy* consequences suck!!! I know we tell our girls be careful in your actions and remember if you make a decision (not to do homework, get to close to a pole) be prepared for the consequences. It is funny because that seems to be the word of the month in our family!!! teeeehehehe. I was a part of something today and it broke my heart. An action had been done and I had to act upon that. I hated it! I hated being part of the consequence. It was truly sad.

No comments: