Saturday, December 29, 2007

2008 changes....ok, i know they are usually referred to as RESOLUTIONS, however, I tend to be excited about resolutions for a month or so and then i am not. Well...i think this is going to be another year that will revolve around change so....i am going to dedicate myself to CHANGES!!! Things i want to make different, areas that need improvement, traveling roads that have not been traveled...things like that!!! So here they go (they are not in any particular order...)...


* Creativity....I so want to learn some new things this year (jewelry, book binding, conquer knitting, card making, gardening, cooking). I want to "expand" my creative world in 2008! I would love to do 1 new thing every month!!!

* ME!!!!...I know this sounds funny but I really need to spend time on me! I have noticed in 2007 that I have let myself go. I no longer have nails, I don't wear make-up, I have not done anything to my hair in months and I rarely "dress-up" anymore. I also want to focus on things that will make me feel better about myself (this is foreign to me since I always put my family first). I think my family and friends will benefit from this as much as I will!!!

* HEALTH...I need to focus on my health. One of the first things will be getting a physical (yucko!!). I also need to work on my weight and get it down (it will help my knee and me!!!). Drinking more water, walking more, eating healthier are things I would like to do more of in 2008.

* FAMILY and FRIENDS...I want to do more things with my family this year. Send cards, visit, email and have them over. I have isolated myself and this year I would like to change that!! Family is so important and I want to enjoy the family and friends I have been blessed with!!

* SPIRITUAL...Wow!! This is going to be a hard area to change. I am going to need God to assist me in this area. I know I need to grow in my faith and become more involved in our church.

* CELEBRATE...I want to celebrate life and 2008! There is so much to celebrate and I want to do this!!! Holidays, birthdays and LIFE!!!

* PAY IT FORWARD...I feel like there is so much good in my life and I want to be able to pass that on to others. I want to make others feel good and loved! I would also like to see about volunteering in 2008 (I have been wanting to do this for years so who knows...).

* SCRAPBOOKING...I would like to complete 208 pages this year, 10 projects and 6 "incomplete" projects. I want to spend more time scrapbooking and catching up on some older projects (that would be great!!). I also want to do more challenges this year (they really do challenge me and help me complete pages!!).

* ORGANIZATION...I know, one of the weak weak points in my life! There is so much of my life and home that would benefit if I became more organized! I want to work on this and have a "monthly project". If I succeed I will have organized 12 "things" this year!!! WOW!!

* FINANCIAL...I am doing it!! I am going to go on a financial diet!!! I am paying off all my credit cards and then I am going to start saving and watching my money. We are planning two trips this year and i would love to purchase a new TV and living room set (2009)! Paying cash for all of these things will be my goal!!! I feel I am ready to start saving and am excited about this one! I know it will be hard because I am putting myself on a budget (Uuuuuugggghhhhhhh!!!). So wish me success!!!

* Marriage...I want to focus on my marriage this year. I think I take it for granted and everyone knows that is never good for any relationship! I want to nurture it and hopefully watch it grow in 2008. I have some ideas and am looking forward to bringing them to reality.

...so these are the areas I want to work on in 2008! I am going to be busy and I think it is going to be a fun and challenging year!!

No comments: